Types of Mold that May Require Residential Mold Remediation in Montana
The summer months are often a time of cleaning and reorganization—a process that may bring to light some uncomfortable realities about your home! If you have discovered any type of fungal growth within your abode, it is probably time to explore what options you have available for mold remediation in Montana.
Mold is a common occurrence in homes throughout the Northwest, including Montana. Cold, damp winters and short summers contribute to the formation of a wide variety of fungal growths, which can make you and your loved ones sick or even damage the structural integrity of your home. Here are just a few of the different types of mold that you may encounter that will require mold remediation in Montana:
- Stachybotrys: This is one of the most common types of household molds. This genus, which is frequently referred to as “black mold,” or even “toxic black mold,” feeds off of cellulose materials, such as wood and paper. It thrives in areas that are extremely damp for extended periods of time, and may be found in areas of the home with frequent condensation, such as behind the toilet. This mold can cause people to suffer from headaches, fatigue, breathing difficulty and other ailments.
- Aspergillus: Most molds classified as Aspergillus are toxic or are allergens. This genus is home to more than 22 different species. Symptoms associated with these molds include respiratory infections, ear infections and eye infections. Some species are also carcinogenic, and can cause series illness if you are exposed to them for extended periods of time.
- Cladosporium: These molds can spread to human hosts, meaning that skin lesions, nail fungus, sinusitis and pulmonary infections are all possible if your home is contaminated with Cladosporium fungus. If you suspect that you may be experiencing a Cladosporium infestation, you should reach out for mold remediation in Montana at your earliest possible convenience.
- Mucor: These molds are known for their fast, thick growth cycles. A common soil fungus, Mucor can spread through the home by infesting air conditioning systems and other forms of ductwork. These white-to-gray molds are known to cause zygomycosis in humans.
- Penicillin: Despite its association with the medical world, wild penicillin isn’t good for you! This type of mold thrives on decaying food matter, and is used for a wide variety of purposes in the food and pharmaceutical industries. When growing in the home, however, penicillin molds can cause asthma and other respiratory conditions.
- Acremonium: This mold produces powerful mycotoxins that can cause nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. Acremonium species are also known to affect cognitive function, and can damage bone marrow, the immune system and internal organs. These molds almost always emit a foul odor. If you think your home is infected with an Acremonium species, you should contact the closest provider of mold remediation in Montana as soon as possible.
Allied 24/7 Property Restoration is one of the premier providers of mold remediation services in Montana. We will not only help you remove mold from your space, but will also provide you with the tools necessary to keep it from coming back. Contact us today to learn about all of the home restoration services that we can offer!